Friday, November 21, 2008

Tutor Time


So I thought I would touch up on the opportunity that I have been given to begin tutoring at Baker College. Two weeks ago, I was approached, based on my GPA, and questioned as to whether I would be interested in beginning to tutor.

On first impression, I knew it was an excellent opportunity for advancement and my resume, but two weeks into this position I now know it is a sacrifice.

My life as I once knew it is non-existent. I tutor 13 hours a week, which at a glance does not seem like much, but it surely is! Between tutoring and school time I hardly see Mark - perhaps like 10 minutes in passing, as he is returning home from work, I am leaving out the door for either work or class. The girls as well, after school time can be quite hectic; getting their homework done and them fed dinner is quite a task. I think they may be getting more attached to their Daddy then their Mommy now.

I would not want to pass up on this opportunity, but need to find that fine balance that I once knew, if it is at all possible?

On top of my hectic schedule

Mon - 6-8:30 tutor
Tue - 6-9:40 Pathophysiology
Wed - 6-8:30 tutor
Thu - 6-9:40 Algebra
Fri - 9-12:30 tutor
Sat - 9-12:30 tutor

I still manage to carry my 4.0, and that to me is a Miracle in itself, but one that is welcomed with open arms!

3 comments:

Lorene said...

Way to go Christine!
I am so proud of what you are accomplishing.
I wish I had the drive that you do!

Gene said...

How Awesome!!!!! Way to go, it may be hectic, but what a great opportunity. Your family will adjust and you will all be the better for it. Also, love the new pics you have of the girls on your blog. Take care Love Mom K.

Brightside said...

you are rockin' smart!