Thursday, November 6, 2008

17 years ago.....




I took off that Rollerskate, the one I felt so comfortable on, at I time I felt as if I was "tha bomb" at partying on skates.

Looking back, I didn't realize then, that the next time I would put on a pair of those same skates, I would be thankful that I was there again, but this time not caring about my wobbly knees or what I looked like, only about experiencing it with my daughter!

Last week, Rose's school had a Rollerskating fundraiser. We had a blast. We fell, We laughed, We bonded! As I looked around I saw parents just sitting, not experiencing these precious moments with their children, perhaps they are still afraid of what they will look like?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how special that was to you. I'm so glad you guys were able to go!

Gene said...

What great fun you must have had, I to was one of the few mom's on the floor with the kids, I can still remember how sore my arms would be the next day from trying to hold them up LOL. What great memories. Love Mom K.

Jen said...

What fun!! Glad you got to enjoy a great time w/ Rose and what a special memory for you both!