Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Meet Zeus!



The newest addition to our family! She is 15 weeks and an absolute doll! We picked her up on Friday night, had two accidents in the house and since then has been perfect! No chewing, No accidents, just cool:calm:and collective!

Her sister, Athena, was adopted by Mark's sister Stephanie. After two nights of not being with her sister, Zeus and Athena finally met again on Sunday! They were so happy to see each other.

Yes, we know Zeus is a male name, but I figured since Mark is out-numbered in this household we might as well change it up a bit. So maybe she will be Zeusette - but we will call her Zeus! The girls really liked Jules, but I think Zeus has a firmer tone (not that this one has the makings of a guard dog, though ;)



She is a lab/rott mix - she looks more Rottweiler to me. Her tale is docked, and she soooo reminds me of my Gunther! The girls are adjusting well to living with a dog. I can't believe how much they have stepped up, I am sure this will die down soon, but right now they are loving the extra duties.



She is adjusting well to our routines, dropping off Rose : picking up Rose and whines whenever I leave! Ahhhhhh... Oh well I am sure you will be hearing more stories from this one. Just hopefully not like the stories from Ellisa and her blue painted Dog!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

She's the most beautiful Zeus I've seen. Can't wait to see her...

Kim Cervone said...

She is so beautiful...and as long as she gives a little bark when someone walks to the house, she will serve as a fine guard dog...Also, marker will not show on her fur so you are all set. Congratulations on the new addition. I was wondering if you would have news!!