Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas and New Years - all rolled into one!

Or at least that is what the Holiday time felt like. It flew by, and now I am kinda sad it is over. My house looked like a department store - clothes, games, toys - all over the place! The girls received a Wii this year! They were so excited! Their favorite game thus far is Disney Enchanted Journey Princess game. They each came home with about 5 outfits, Games, Color Wonders, Disney princess figurines, baby dolls, a doll house and too much more to list.

This year, I think you all may know the song that goes, "and Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again" - its a Christmas song, well it brought a whole new meaning in my life. Rose could not stop asking when she was going back to school. I believe we heard it every day. Now I know why they included it in the song!!

During the holiday break; Mark and I took the girls and his Mom to the Detroit Historical Society and the Detroit Institute of Arts. It was a great trip. I didn't know Rose had such a deep appreciation for Christian Art. She dragged me to all of the Christian Art and talked to me about each one. They had an eye spy game there, that kept her quite busy as well. A must do for the older ones! I hope to go again, but just with her and I.

On New Years Eve, I volunteered to spent overnight as a hostess at McRest at our church. It was a great evening filled with wonderful conversation and a renewed spirit. I would suggest it to everyone.

Monday was the start of school. As I was dropping Rose off at school, I mentioned to her that I would miss her. She looked at me and said "Mom, you had plenty of time with me, Ms. Shrader (her teacher)has not spent any time with me for more than 10 days now!" I couldn't stop laughing! Although I know this is what she wanted, I still miss her more than ever during the day. We had some great times together during our weeks off.

Next week, its back to school for me, as well. Algebra and Microbiology here I come. I have my calendar situated and ready and my book bag packed! Can you tell I have missed school as well. I'm ready to get on with it already.

I hope you all had a great Holiday and have a prosperous New Year!



As a new introduction has come into my life now says - Peace is mine in 2009! (I'll blog more on this later).

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kim Cervone said...

What a refreshing way to bring in the new year. I'm glad to get back to our routine too : )