Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Friends!


Last week, I had the pleasure of chaperoning Rose's Kindergarten class to the Detroit Opera House to see "If you give a Pig a Pancake". There was a total of fifty 5 and 6 year old on one bus! What an interesting journey. Who would have thought singing Jingle Bells in February would be so much fun!!

I was placed with 6 girls, of course, 6 of Rose's closest girlfriends! What a riot. The girls were great together; holding hands, hugging, laughing - just being generally concerned about each other (including me) while we were out.

I seriously considered changing my major. Elementary education was calling my name that day.

All in all this has been the day I have been looking forward to for many years now. What a joy! I can't wait to do it again!

Oh, and If you get a chance to see the performance of "If you give a Pig a Pancake" - do it! It was wonderful!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how fun!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I could TOTALLY see you as an elemetary teacher ;)

Jen said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Kim Cervone said...

what a great day. i love that they are so social at this stage.