Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday, Princess Rose Marie!


Happy Birthday to you ** Happy Birthday to you ** Happy Birthday dear, Rose ** Happy Birthday to you! I, truely, 100% without a doubt cannot believe that my baby is 5. It is so bittersweet.


5 years ago, 3/15/03, was the day that changed my life. After waiting nearly 5 years to conceive a child - one was going to be born to me that day! Wow, was I in for a surprise. From my, to the tee, birth plan not going as planned - to the adjustments of having a newborn. I have learned so much, but never, ever, want life any way other than the way it is TODAY.


Rose Marie, was born at 1:55 a.m. after a grueling 33 hours of labor and 2 1/2 hours of pushing. I just couldn't do it anymore, she was soooooo close to being born vaginally, but not close enough. She was born via C-Section and I was put under general anesthesia. My first experience with all of that, looking back it must not have been that bad, since I went on to have two more children ;) She was my smallest, but at the time seemed so big, weighing in at 8 pounds 9 ounces and 21 inches long. She was such a beautiful baby - both inside and out. She loved to snuggle, that is why we called her treefrog, and now she is "toad".


I seriously don't know where the time went, but I do know that I have to savor the future since I know that will go by even faster. She was so happy to turn 5. It was a day for many new things for her! She even learned to tie her shoes. We treated her special day to Chuckie Cheese and she felt so special. Over the weekend we had some of our family and friends over for a "lemonicious" cake and lemon ice cream, decorated with Little Mermaid, per Rose's request. She got some great gifts, but best of all loved spending time with those special people in her life!


Rose, since I will make sure you have a copy of this when you get older, Mommy and Daddy love you soooooo much. We are so proud of you and can't wait to watch you mature into a blossoming bud! We love you!! How much - to infinity and beyond!

3 comments:

Lorene said...

Happy Birthday Rose!
I'm right with you there Christine! Where has the time gone?? But oh man. Look at all we have to look forward to. It amazes me.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!! We've been so blessed to know you for the last four years and watch you grow.

(((GREAT BIG HUGS))) Christine.

Lauren said...

Happy B-lated Bday Rose!!! Congrats on learing to tie your shoes!!!

((hugs)) to all of you!