Monday, October 20, 2008

Revelations!




Now that I seem to be adjusted back into school, I get a little time to breathe.

Lately I have been viewing my life a little different. I don't have to do the things I do, I GET to do these things, and I should be proud - no matter what it is! What do I mean?

Paying bills . . yeah nobody likes to have to pay bills, but I am happy I GET to pay bills in today's economy. I have to go to school, no totally wrong, I GET to go to school, there are some who couldn't accomplish what I am doing. I have to take Rose and Bella to school everyday, strike that I GET to take them to school and I, me of all people, should realize that this is really a privilege!

You see changing ONE little word, makes the world of a difference. Try it sometime!

Today I had a proud Mommy moment. Rose was sent home with a certificate honoring her of her school work. She has completed every assignment, not as asked, but going a step further! She is loving school - you can just feel it! Her accomplishments are astounding!

So far so good at school. My Patho class is awesome. I love learning of the diseases of the body - right up my ally. Today as I was talking with a good friend of mine I realized that I am so close to starting my clinicals. It is amazing how I dreamed of this for so long and I am finally accomplishing this goal. Soon I will be helping those who are in need. However, I know that I am not only doing this for myself, but for my Grandfather, as well. He would have been so proud. Actually he is I feel it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you. You're life has changed so much in the last year. You're doing great!! **kiss**

Brightside said...

You are doing an amazing job! Don't forget about all the people you'll helping after you get into the workforce :) They might love you as much as your grandfather when you save their life.

Jen said...

You are doing great and we are all so proud of you!!!

Kim Cervone said...

Isn't it great that you GET to start clinicals soon?? I love that insight. I did not even know you had a blog until Lorene told me about it a week ago!! Miss you!

Gene said...

Glad to hear school and the girls are doing good. Good luck with clinicals. Love Mom K.

Lauren said...

What a GREAT post. It's totally something I needed to hear. You are right we GET to do things in life that other DON'T get to do!!

Enjoy school and have fun :)